Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Midsummer Eve

Alright, I must start this by saying their happen to be a set of lights from Ikea that my husband has been lusting after every time we go there (which is maybe once a month. Again, it is one of those things that is strangely fun as an adult). I didn't understand at all why we needed these lights so bad. Now I do and I want them too! You will see why in a minute. 

My husband looking at those lights in Ikea. 

Midsummer Eve by Edward Robert Hughes

I don't know exactly why, but I have liked this picture for years and years. I first saw it on a card in a stationary store. My father bought me the card simply because I liked the picture. A few months ago AllPosters.com was having a sale, as they frequently do, and I got a 16x20 print of this painting for $5. 

I finally got a frame for it and Dan hung it up above the kitchen sink for me. 

A close-up of the frame because it is pretty. It really matches the print beautifully. It is a bit decorative and regal, yet rustic at the same time. The slightly metallic finish enhances the painting's own luminescence. 


There it is in my kitchen! Now! See the shadow from the cabinets? It is shading the upper third of my beloved picture! I never noticed this shadow before we hung the picture! Those lights my husband wants? They would go under the cabinets and eliminate that shadow. My husband is brilliant. 

3 comments:

  1. I see what you mean! Those lights would be perfect there! I hope you get them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty painting :) And I got your comments about swapping....you should allow your email on your profile so I can respond haha! But yes, that button size is fine, so just send me the code, and you can get mine from my blog. Looking forward to working with you :)

    And you are too sweet! Rachel McAdams is completely gorgeous and possibly my favorite actress.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...