Monday, February 13, 2012

Broccoli Casserole

Way better than it sounds! I was a little afraid to make this because I though ManDan might not like it (because duh, it is a CASSEROLE named after a VEGETABLE) but turns out he loves it. And I love it! And it was easy.



I found a recipe pretty close to what I wanted and tweaked it a bit. We are fans of real cheese... not that processed stuff.

I split it between two dishes, cooked one for dinner that night and put the other in the freezer. Having a casserole in the freezer makes me feel so homeschooled! I told that to ManDan and he was all, "Homeschoolers are smart, Babe. You are just being smart." Ok, that made me feel a little better.

Here is what you need:
2 cups rice, uncooked
2 cups chicken, cubed and cooked (optional, but we really like it with the chicken!)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk
1 small white onion
2 cups (or a little more) of cheddar cheese, shredded
16-20oz frozen broccoli

And here is what you do:
Cook rice in 4 cups of water.
Mix everything together in a large bowl.
Spread in to a 13x9 dish or separate between two dishes, cook one now. Freeze one for later.
Bake at 350 30-35min.

Done! I love easy recipes. Especially ones that I can cook once and have multiple meals from.

oh! The first time I made it I used a store brand soup and we actually liked that better than the Campbells soup. Also, don't add too much onion or it will just overwhelm all the other flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...