Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Oven Fried Chicken



I originally bought these drumsticks because I wanted BBQ chicken... but we don't own a proper grill for that. So I did some reading (reading cookbooks always makes me feel so wifely!) and learned that I could make oven fried chicken. I read several recipes and then made up my own to work with what I had on hand.

This is what I did:
Skinned drumsticks. Eww.
Smeared drumsticks with a healthy dose of mayonnaise.
Rolled in a mixture of about half italian breadcrumbs and half grated parmesan cheese.
Baked at... I think 375... maybe up to 425 for 35min. I can't remember! Every recipe was a bit different and I think I skewed it towards to the higher temps to get crisper finish. They browned alright! I ended up covering them with tin foil about halfway through.

That's it! It was so simple and delicious! I will do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...