Monday, March 5, 2012

My 6th Birthday

Excuse me for not posting last week. I had a birthday. A real actual birthday. That doesn't happen very often. I was born on February 29th. This was only 6th birthday even though I turned 24.

Dan and I were dating last time I had a birthday, but he was out of town. So this was the first time we actually got to celebrate my birthday together. He had mentioned wanting to take me to San Antonio, but never made concrete plans.

On the 29th Dan bleached and dyed my hair for me. I had it done in a salon a year ago and loved it. It was really nervous about doing it ourselves, but it turned out great! It was totally worth it. Thanks so much to my husband for doing the work!!!

Shirt is from Love Culture. Thanks to my sister for introducing me that store!
Dan decided he did want to go to San Antonio after all so as soon as my hair was dry we were rushing around the house packing up so we could get to the bank before it closed. We made it just in time! And headed off. It is pretty much a straight three hour drive from Houston to San Antonio. We didn't get their till late Wednesday night. We spend the next two days touring The Alamo, Downtown San Antonio and wondering around the Riverwalk.






San Antonio is so pretty! Especially the Riverwalk. I have not found any truly beautiful parts of Houston yet. It was quite refreshing to spend a few days away. The trip made feel incredibly happy, special and blessed because of my husband. It really would have been enough to make my birthday amazing and memorable. But apparently my husband didn't think so. He surprised me with an extra special birthday gift. An amethyst ring!


Isn't it so pretttyyy!!!!!! I think the ring and my wedding band complement each other well. Amethyst is my birthstone, purple is my favorite color, and I prefer square cut gems. Also, I like my gems to be really rich and dark. Dan told me he looked all the rings they had and picked the darkest one just for me. ^_^ I had actually shown this ring to Dan a few weeks ago, but I really didn't think he would get it for me. Especially since he said we could skip out on the trip and just get the ring. I was tempted to choose the ring, but life experiences are more valuable than jewelry. And then I got both!

Super excited with my new ring!
My birthday felt like a great excuse to wear my tiara. 


I had the best BEST birthday ever thanks my incredibly amazing husband. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!
    I love that ring!
    I also love San Antonio and the Riverwalk, sooooo beautiful and I bet February was a great time of year to go. I went in June and it was HOT HOT HOT.
    and thanks for lyrics. so appropriate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...