Friday, May 13, 2011

Wedding Make-up

Alright, so for the wedding I want a little more coverage than usual and I want my make-up to look good all day. Plus, it is super important that it appears I have wonderfully radiant skin naturally. Future husband has really good eyesight. Caked on foundation and cover-up isn't going to fly here.

So, after watching a bunch of videos on YouTube and testing a few different products myself I have figured out a look that works great for me! Future husband even said it looks like I am not wearing make-up. At first I was offended, I had spent a lot of time putting my face on! But then I realized it was compliment. :)



 This is going to be a long post. Alright, in order of application:


To start with I use Clinique 3-Step face wash system (clean, exfoliate, moisturize and Clinique All About Eyes


Primer - Lancome Eclat Miracle 
A very light application with my fingertips. I love this primer, it really smoothes out my skin, helps my make-up last longer and gives my skin just the right amount of glow. I am still using the sample I got from Sephora. I would love to own this!


Foundation - Clinique Superbalanced Makeup in Alabaster 
This color is actually just a tad too dark for my skin, but with the primer it is just right. This is a moderate coverage natural finish matte finish foundation. I apply it with a foundation brush or the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Blusher Brush


Concealer - Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer in Light
Applied with my fingertips. Really important to blend it out by patting. I have dark undereyes, so this step is especially important for me. 


*Note: both foundation and concealer look best when my face is well moisturized.*


Blush - Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Plumalicious 
Yup! A lipstick on my cheeks. I love creme blush, but it so hard to find. Lipstick is a great alternative and comes in so many colors! I just apply a smudge to each cheek and blend it with my fingers. 


Eyelid Primer 
A dab of my concealer patted on with my fingertips. This really helps my shadow to stay longer. 


Eyeliner - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero


Eyeshadow - Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow in Comfort Zone 
My favorite are the top two colors on the left side of the palette. One for the base color and one for the highlight. These shadows are really pigmented, so you only need a little. I use the Sonia Kashuk Small Eyeshadow Brush (exclusive to Target). 

Powder - Clinique Blended Face Powder in Transparency Neutral
Again, to help the make-up last longer. I just use the brush that comes with it. Swirl it in the powder, tap off the excess, then buff it on the face in a circular motion. 


Mascara - CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara in Very Black
but... I am going to have to get a waterproof version for the day! I know I am going cry!


And here is a photo of me! I am quite pale! I am hoping to get a bit tan before the wedding. But I only do that naturally... and sunshine and warm weather aren't so reliable in Michigan. 




In the photo I am wearing everything in I outlined above and I don't have anything on my lips.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! My name is Celia- I'm from the S&S forum and I decided to take a look at your blog...looks like fun! P.S. Your makeup looks GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...