Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Looking for Home

In mid-March ManDan and I took a trip down to Texas to look for a place to live. As soon as we walked in to the Alexan I felt like I was home. It was gorgeous, spacious and peaceful.

The entrance to Alexan. Yes, it really looks like that. 

(They even have a whole room devoted to once a month wine tasting!) 

9 foot ceilings. Granite countertops. Oversized tubs. Crown moulding... the list goes on!

Alexan is surprisingly reasonably priced for the area (and actually cheaper than university housing!). ManDan and I talked about it and we could live there if both of worked full time. But then... we would be working so much we wouldn't really be able to spend much time at home. Plus, we wouldn't have any extra money for eating out or new clothes. 

As much as I love these apartments living there would not be worth the financial burden. So, we did a lot more apartment shopping and eventually learned that it is really going to be much more economical to buy a house... a house that has been foreclosed on... where the kitchens look like this... 

Actually, this is a really good looking kitchen for a foreclosed house. 

Umm... not my ideal place. However, I am actually excited about having an extra bedroom for visitors and eventually for our babies. I am excited about working together to paint the walls however we want and ripping up flooring to put down something new. I am excited to make our house a home. But, most of all, I am excited about a better potential for financial freedom. 

ManDan and I will be moving down to Texas without a place to live. Most likely renting for a few months while looking for a house to buy. I will keep this blog updated with our shopping and renovating adventures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...