Monday, August 1, 2011

Truckloads of Furniture

One of our loads of furniture. 
Totally recommend the flat bed truck from Home Depot! 
More space in the back, plus the sides go up and down. So neat!
Since we secured an apartment we figured we needed some furniture. Being the poor folk that we are we spent a few days searching CraigsList and visited every Goodwill within a 25 mile radius. We picked out a few things (Craigslist had the best deals overall) then rented a truck and spent a whole day picking up our finds. 

I had to drive the truck since ManDan isn't 21 yet. I enjoyed it! It was the first time ManDan had ever actually seen me in a truck so I asked him how he liked me in a truck and he said, "It fits you. I can't explain it, but it fits you." This made me especially happy since he has been anti-truck since the day we met! 

Me next to the truck. 

My handsome husband.

A perfect plant table once I paint it black and place a tile on top. 

ManDan really wanted these lyre back chairs. I plan on re-upholstering them. 

Lamps. Need new shades. Where do you buy lamp shades???


Table. Needs some work. Will be restained or painted. 

We got this for free! We are thinking of painting it blue... not sure yet. 

Our bedroom dresser! We have already started refinishing this. Before and after post to come. 

The matching chest of drawers. It has a bottom drawer, ManDan was just working on it. 

Our couch! So pretty!
 Had a loose spring and a broken brace, but ManDan fixed it all up. 

I am so happy right now. I just feel that I am in at a really good place in life. I am loving being married.  I don't care that our furniture is used. I am really enjoying fixing it up together. Can't wait to get settled in the apartment! 

p.s. I added Blogs I Follow over there in the side bar if you are interested. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment :) Can't wait to see how those chairs turn out!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...