Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bacon Grease Eggs

I didn't think I even liked eggs until ManDan cooked them for me. He is really great at making eggs and these eggs were off to a good start...

The good start. Saute onions and bell peppers. 
Also, tomatoes but make sure to do them separate since they tend to get all watery. 

Then fry up 8 strips of bacon and contemplate what to do with all the grease... decide to experiment and leave it all in the skillet. I am not the egg expert but I didn't think that was such a great idea. 
I don't know if all men are like this, but sometimes when ManDan wants to do something he is going to do it. It would simply be futile for me to tell him otherwise. This was one of those of times...

Pour in your eggs and then be amazed at just how much grease is in that skillet. 
Yeah... it is practically covering six eggs. 



Cook on low while stirring. Also, add cheese! 
(I don't think ManDan looks very happy in this picture... but this was after he told me the eggs had to go on the blog)

Look! They have veggies in them now! This means they are healthy right?

Waiit... look at all that grease still sitting in the pan.

Yes, these eggs are fully cooked. They are simply drowning in bacon grease. 

Alright, on a normal day we would be able to eat all those eggs. This time we couldn't even get down half. They were so mushy! And they just tasted like grease.  


Good Idea: Scramble eggs in left over bacon grease. 
Bad Idea: Scramble eggs in ALL the left over bacon grease. 

Oh well, we had a good time together and at least I know we will never be eating eggs like this again. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ughh, bacon grease OVERLOAD! Frying eggs in bacon grease tastes good, but, like you said, only if you use the grease in MODERATION. =D p.s. Your kitchen is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I'll have to try these because they look delicious, but I'll be sure to keep in mind not to use ALL of the grease hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! haha you made them in all that grease?! i like the bacon flavor from the pan and leftover grease as well... but i think you're right when you say you should maybe not use it all ;P haha

    however, i can't stand peppers and onions and things in my breakfast food. (or like... ever for that matter) haha but this looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...