Friday, September 23, 2011

Couponing

The first week ManDan and I were down here (Texas... we moved from Michigan) we saw these two ladies while grocery shopping that had these binders FULL of coupons. So, I stopped and asked them about their binders and how they get their coupons. They were really friendly and gave me some tips on getting started.

Now, I have a little binder of my own and I look forward to picking up a paper every Sunday to see what new coupons I can get.

This is what I got one of the very first times I used coupons:

Two spray air fresheners, two candles and one set and refresh for a grand total of $4.

I ended up throwing away the set and refresh because I didn't like how it smelled, but that is totally ok because one of those candles alone is regularly $6. I had a coupon for every item I bought and Target had a special going on where you buy five items and get a $5 gift card. 

That is one the tricks I learned about couponing. You gotta use your coupons when the items are on sale to get the best deal. Simple, but it is worth saying. 

I haven't burned the candles yet because it has been a little too hot down here to have my house smell like fall, but I am really looking forward to the autumn scent filling up our home. I think that will be soon now since the highs are only on the 90s now and I even saw some days next week where the highs were only in the 80s! 

ManDan and I went out to eat last night and we used a coupon. That post will be next. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! :) You should check-out the hotcouponworld forum site. We miss you! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love couponing, but don't do it often enough! You got an awesome deal on the Febreeze!! Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...